Prof. RavindraGanpatrao Savant Associate Professor (Dean – Department of Architecture)
Today our department stands as one of the powerful body with a glorious tradition of 35 years with a modern infrastructure and a dedicated and efficient staff of 55 working cohesively to identify the creativity of 400 students, enhance the physical and emotional quality of this creativity and finally mould them into society’s responsible technocrats yet abiding by the cultivated moral values.
However, organization worthiness is not measured in years or numbers but what it packs in that period. Over the years Architecture department has matured into a truly professional body understanding the responsibility towards students and the whole society. Year after year at all our conventions and small get –together much of the time is spent deliberating on these issues and responsibilities. The level interaction within the student’s community due to AKKAR is immense. By the end of five years, the most memorable time he/she carries with him/her is the times in AKKAR and the ones in his/her own department. The department of architecture has a definite philosophy. There is definitely freedom to think, to design, to create because Architecture cannot be taught but is a process of learning which remains endless. The national association of students of Architecture annual convention for the year 2016-2017 was held at Jaipur. 40 students’ delegates represented our college. Our presentation in all the trophies was outstanding and won 14 certificates. Students enjoyed a lot, going to many places of historical values as well as architectural importance – well-planned study tour at Hyderabad this year. It was indeed a great pleasure to note that this year; AAKAR has come with a new edition of magazine making it unique to its context and function. We have again come to the end of AAKAR year which will culminate in the annual convention. The trophies that we conduct every year are all designed to focus on issues that we feel are vital for the developments of an architect. Starting with pure design trophies to documentation and to redesign, the themes of AAKAR events are designed to shed light on important concerns facing our fraternity. It is indeed true that the present architecture community brought up on a status is only because of the contribution, moral thoughts, ideologies and idiosyncrasies of our loving PitamahaPadmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil, President Shri. Sanjay D. Patil, Shri. Ruturaj S. Patil ( Trustee), Executive Director Dr. A. K. Gupta, Principal Dr. A. N. Jadhav, Shri. Anil Patil and the immense efforts of faculty and the students.
Program Education Objective ( PEOs)
- 1. Students will demonstrate the exceptional design, planning & management abilities necessary to ensure future leadership.
- 2. The students will receive a comprehensive & global education in cultural, historical & social issues through rigorous & critical perspective.
- 3. Students will demonstrates the ability to think independently and pursue original research.
- 4. Students will attain the higher level of professional & technical knowledge while mastering computational tools needed in contemporary practice.
- 5. The students will receive an advanced understanding of ecological design, planning & management to ensure preservation of natural environment.
- 6. Students will develop personal & interpersonal skills, self-discipline and time management to foster ability to work with others and communicate as well.
- 7. The faculty and program stay current & updated with the needs of industry in providing academic instructions to students.
- 8. Students will develop respect for diversity and knowledge of professional, social and global issues.
- 9. To provide students with opportunities to network and learn about culture of professional practice through guest speakers, site visits and case studies.
- 10. To provide students an environment wherein natural respect for fellow students, faculty and staff is carefully maintained and monitored.
Program Outcomes (POs):
At the end of successul completion of program, the graduates will be able to,
- 1. Students will demonstrate an appropriate mastery of the knowledge, techniques, skills & modern tools of architecture.
- 2. Students will demonstrate an ability to carry out analysis and interpret architectural issues & apply result of analysis to improve design.
- 3. The student will demonstrate the ability to apply creativity in the design of neighborhoods and building.
- 4. The student will demonstrate an ability to understand professional, ethical & social responsibilities.
- 5. The student will respect to diversity & knowledge of contemporary, professional, social & global issues.
- 6. The student will demonstrate a commitment to quality timeliness and continuous implement.
- 7. The student will employ concepts of architectural theory in design in environment.
- 8. The student will demonstrate an appropriate mastery of the knowledge, techniques, and skills.
Program specific outcomes
- 1 Students will be able to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, design fundamentals, and geographical background knowledge for the solution of complex architectural climate responsive design problems.
- 2 Students will be able to identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex architectural design problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of design, mathematics, and geography.
- 3 Students will be able todesign solutions for complex architectural design problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- 4 Students learn to respect the value of conservation of historic monuments and its surroundings. They understand the value of vernacular techniques in contemporary context.
- 5 Students develop an ability to function effectively in team and communication effectively.